There were probably a very good climatic conditions by the big river surrounded by mountains, which attracted new inhabitants a long time ago. Archaeological excavations show all cultural levels which were found on the territory of Bohemia and Moravia.

Lovosice is one of the oldest settlements in the Czech Republic. Within easy reach you can find many ruins of castles and churches from the middle-ages.

Lovosice itself was first mentioned in 1143 in a deed of donation of the king Vladislav II. to the Strahov monastery.

The 18th century Baroque church of St. Václav is well worth seeing with the interior in the rococo style. There is a statue of St. Václav from the year 1707 in a small square in the city centre.

Castle Libochovice

Present-day appearance of the castle is a work of Count Dietrichstein, who bought the burnt-out castle from a family of Sternberk. Dietrichstein rebuilt the castle in baroque style. A French park surrounds the castle. There are tours for visitors. During season there are guided tours together with with historical characters and ghosts.

Castle Ploskovice

In the years 1720 – 1725 was built a summer residence for Anna Marie Františka, later Grand Duchess of Toscana. The last Czech king, Ferdinand V. lived in the castle in the later years of his life.

Water castle Budyně nad Ohří

Originally a wooden stronghold from 13th century was rebuilt many times, the last time in the 16th century, when it was adapted to a renaissance castle - one of the most pretentious mansions in Bohemia. Nowadays it is only partly maintained. There is a museum with a collection of historical items, which are associated with the city Budyně, and an alchemy workshop in the original room where alchemy experiments were actually done during the time of Jan Zbyněk Zajíc of Hazmburk.

Ruin of Hazmburk castle

The name „Hazmburk“ is a garble of the name „Hasenburg“ – Castle of Hare, according to the name of the owner Zbyněk Zajíc (Hare) of Valdeka. The place was left at the end of the 16th century. Its romantic silhouette is formed by “Black donjon“and „White donjon“.

Ruin of the Hussite stronghold Kalich

On a rocky hill above the village Třebušín there are situated ruins of the castle of Hussite leader Jan Žižka. Hussite army was settled here until the year 1437.

Ruin of Střekov castle

A castle from 14th century, which is currently a part of Ústí nad Labem, came under a king castles and guarded the river Labe. It is possible to see an exhibition of the viniculture, exhibition of romanticism and process of building the castle.

Ruin of the Košťálov stronghold

A rocky hill above the village of Třebenice offers a view of a beautiful landscape. The stronghold was owned by St. Jiří monastery of Prague castle. Archaeological excavations from this locality and a collection of Czech-garnet jewels are opened for public in the Museum of the Czech-garnet in Třebenice. This museum is one of the oldest in our territory – it was founded in 1872. In the collection there is a set of jewellery belonging to Ulrika von Levetzov, the last love of J.W. Goethe. The largest Czech garnet is a part of the exhibition.

The City of Litoměřice

This royal and episcopal town is located at the confluence of the two rivers Labe and Ohře. This town has a beautiful historical square and a complex of church buildings on Dómský hill – cathedral, residence of the archbishop, canonicate houses, provost building... etc.

On the square there is situated „Goblet house – Dům u Kalicha“ (named after its observation tower in a goblet shape). Goblet symbolises the wine tradition of the town.

In the house „Na Vikárce“ lived the Czech famous poet Karel Hynek Mácha, who died here on the 6th November 1836. It is possible to visit his room.

For wine lovers there is a 366m long tour through historical wine cellars. It is also possible (subject of booking) to organize wine tasting.


A fortress town Terezín was built at the end of 18th century. It is the only bastion fortress, which was built in the French fortification style of Maziéres School and it is also the first fortress of the modern period. The fortress was built by Joseph II., who named the town after his mother Maria Theresia. Almost the whole fortification is conserved. Apart from the town there was later built a smaller fortress, it served as a concentration camp during the Second World War. Former inhabitants were moved out in 1941. A ghetto for the Jewish population was set in, where over than 160 000 prisoners were kept. 36 000 prisoners died in Terezín and the rest mainly in Osvětim.

Historical sights are mostly from that period: Memorial Terezín and Museum of Ghetto (continuous exhibition of the history of the ghetto), Jewish Cemetery and Crematorium, The Small fortress – a former Gestapo police jail house.

Museum of folk architecture and Museum of railways – Zubrnice

Zubrnice is a complex of folk architecture buildings – the newest folk museum in Bohemia. There is an agricultural homestead, village shop and church. On the village square there is a well in the baroque style. Close to the village there is a small railway station with museum.

A tip for a day trip – PRAGUE - a capital city

Prague is within an easy reach by car (highway D8 – the journey takes approximately 45 minutes) and also by bus and train. Trains and buses departure to Prague every hour. For detailed information please contact the reception desk.




The landscape around Lovosice is various. In the south there is the Czech Tableland, hills are rising sporadically above it. The best known is the hill Říp - a mythical hill where Czech history has begun. It is said that our forefather Czech (Čech) and his company climbed on the hill Říp and when they saw how beautiful the land spreading under them is, they have decided to stay.

In the north and north-west there are situated the Czech Middle Mountains, formed during Tertiary volcanic activity. Since 1967 has this area been a National park. Lovosice belongs to the „Milešov middle mountains“ named after the highest and the windiest hill of the Czech Middle Mountains – Milešovka hill.


Říp hill

The hill is easily reached from Roudnice nad Labem. There is a small road up to the top. There is a view of the Czech Middle Mountains´ panorama and also view of Prague. On the top you can find a rotunda of Saint George (Jiří) from the 12th century – one of the oldest buildings of the Romanesque style in the Czech Republic.

Milešovka hill (837m)

On the top of Milešovka hill there is a meteorological station. From the top of Milešovka, there is a beautiful view of surrounding. The area of this hill is a Nature conservancy reserve.

Lovoš hill (570m)

Lovoš hill is a National Nature Park. An Educational trail is connecting the Lovoš hill and the Borečský hill. On the top of the Lovoš hill there is a small chalet with fabulous views of the meandering river Labe.


Tipy na výlet - Lovoš

Borečský hill (446m)

Borečský hill is an interesting place with a „chimney effect“ visible especially in winter. Cold air flows from the bottom of the hill. Because of this process, it is possible to find blooming flowers around. In the summer the whole process reverses. It is possible to see icy glaze around. Temperature differences could be up to 16°C.

Through Opárenské valley to Lovoš hill

From Malé Žernoseky (3km from the hotel Lev) through the romantic valley of Milešovský Creek, over ruins of Opárenský fortress and over Lovoš hill to Lovosice.



  • Labe River trail: This trail passes the River Labe and connects Dresden with Prague. It runs through Ústí nad Labem, Libochovany, Velké Žernoseky, Žalhostice. At Roudnice nad Labem it continues on the right river bank and continues on the road.

    The other following trails join this one:

    • Trail from Vlastislav to Malé Žernoseky: Over Košťálov, Boreč, Opárno. In Malé Žernoseky village it is possible to use a ferry boat over the Labe River and join the Labe River trail.

    • Vineyard trail: Is identical to the Labe river trail in the part from Velké Žernoseky to Litoměřice, Roudnice nad Labem and Mělník, where the Vltava river meets the Labe river. The nearest bike hire is in Ústí nad Labem – information about reservations at the reception.

Region of Vineyards


The Labe River is lined with vineyards from Velké Žernoseky village to the town of Litoměřice. These vineyards mostly originate from the period of Charles IV., Czech king and German emperor. The first mention of growing of wine dates from a foundation charter of Litoměřice canonry in 1057. In the old wine-cellars of former Dominican monastery of Saint Jakub take place tourist tours with wine tastings.

The real founders of the wine tradition of this region are Cistercian monks, who built large wine-cellars in Velké Žernoseky village in 1251.

Approximatelly 600ha of local vineyards belong in the northernmost wine growing parts in Europe.


Sightseeing flights

If you are interested in watching beauties of our mountains from height, take use of a possibility of the sightseeing flights. These flights are organised from Roudnice nad Labem airport and you can choose from a helicopter, a sail plane or an ultra-light plane. Trail and the length of the flight depend on wish of a client.

Zoological garden in Ústí nad Labem

In the 1970‘s a big Zoo was fielded in an area of almost 30ha called Mariánská skála. At that time was constructed pavilion of beasts. In the upper part of the zoo were built spacious paddocks for rhinos, giraffes, zebras and antelopes. Other paddocks were added later. Today it is a modern zoo, worth seeing.

The Zoo has something to offer also for the youngest visitors, such as feeding and training of animals, „Children’s World“ (a complex of slides and climbing frames), or „Children’s zoo“ providing possibility to meet and touch domesticated animals. There is also a trail through a dinosaurian world with models of prehistoric animals and a "zootrain” transporting the visitors from the main entrance to the upper entrance.

Hotel Lev Lovosice v Lovosicích hodnocení